Monday, July 31, 2017

Strictly Anonymous 189: Bisexual James has an Open Relationship and a Secret Life

So my first interview on the Strictly Anonymous Podcast with Kathy K is up.  I'm Episode 189 and it is titled "Bisexual James has an open relationship and a secret life."  We actually have a second taping this afternoon because she felt like she wanted more than the first hour and twenty minutes.

I haven't listened to more than the first few minutes.  While my voice is filtered somewhat, friends will easily recognize my cadence.  I'm not too worried about that though.

Talking with Kathy was a lot easier than I had expected.  At the very beginning of the call, we chatted for maybe a minute before she started taping so she could set her levels.  I was concerned that there might be some background noise since I was sitting in my truck with the truck running, A/C on parked in front of a Lowe's store.  Actually though, from the little I heard, the sound was fine.  Once she got her levels set and started recording, off we went for the next hour and change.

I think our conversation is a little bouncy - going more by whatever popped in her mind to ask rather than following a chronological path, but it was fine.  I'd be interested in feedback.

Today's conversation most likely won't be as long.  She wants to talk about this blog, me blogging my mid-life crisis (so to speak), and maybe a few other things.  I've been learning recently the value of being able to talk with someone, openly and honestly.  I've done this for years via the blog and via e-mail, and it has helped me immensely.  But I think I may need more conversations.  Who knows, maybe I will lose my fear of the phone and talk to people for more than one minute.  Kathy's podcast is just that, conversations about things you don;t normally talk about to people.

So many of you that I have e-mailed and chatted with would make great guests on her podcast.  You think that you don't have anything worth being interviewed about, but really, why not let her decide that?  What you'll find if you listen to Strictly Anonymous is that, she starts thinking there is one topic the call is going to be about but by the end, so much more ground has been covered.  It isn't just sex.  She has talked about addiction, relationships and more.

I can think of easily a handful of readers here that I would LOVE to hear Kathy talk to.  Send her an e-mail at Strictlyanonymouspodcast@gmail.com and see what she thinks.


6 comments:

bdenied said...

great pod cast. Just listened to the whole thing. I could fill a book with comments but Ill keep them to myself. Thanks for sharing and your open honesty.....

JFBreak said...

Thanks for listening to the episode. I would love your thoughts even if they may be in disagreement with some of my statements. I think we can all learn from each other. If you don't want to post in the comments section, feel free to e-mail JFBreak @ gmail . com.

Simplicity said...

I loved it! I thought it was really interesting. I am so curious about people and of course i've been a huge fan of the blog for a long time..but this gave it another dimension and depth, if you will. I am very much looking forward to Part 2.

And we get to hear your sexy voice so Bonus!!

JFBreak said...

I appreciate the comments. Monday's taping had to be rescheduled. We are shooting for Friday, though no idea how soon before it will be posted.

Anonymous said...

already familiar with the background through reading your blog so no idea how somebody coming to it cold would have felt about it -I've listened to some of the previous podcasts and felt that sometimes she was a bit overpowering -this time I thought you two had a a good dialogue -I don't think she grasped that you didnt want a really intense romantic relationship with anyone not just your wife -or at least that was my impression of the interview

JFBreak said...

@Anonymous - Thanks I appreciate the feedback. I think you pretty much summed it up. I hope I can clear up a few of the questions and comments people have sent me, during the next interview.